Monday, June 15, 2009

Few people who have their influence in my life

As everyone grows, they will be influenced by many. Some times this influences are +ve. Yes I was influenced in +ve ways by many. How can we forget our own parents, they are the first people who will +vely influence us.
My father is more than one way a +ve strength for me. Though I occasionally pull tantrums, he was the patience personified. I need to learn from him. I now know why we need it. My mom is more emotional; Same with my father. Yes me too. These are few things I have been influenced by them.

Next is my grandpa. He is the only person whom I had seen who lived all through his entire life. He was 97 when he passed away in 2002. He showed me that the will power is the only one which takes u till there…

Not to forget my little brother Manju. He is perfectionist, a support and a moral guide for me. May be others can think of otherwise, but he is a support and a sincere fellow whom I believe.

There was a cute girl in my primary school. Her name was SmithaMurthy. I guess it was my 7th STD. I don’t know whether it was crush or love. But she is the first girl I had liked. Wished she could be my partner (am thinking this now, not when I was in my 7th STD, I did not even knew what it was)

Then was my teacher BHARATHI madam, who had major influence on my handwriting. My handwriting used to be so good till my graduation. Now I have forgotten how to write on paper … just kidding… now it is not the way it used is now . But it is still ok.

Then it was our most hated HM in BHSS, Mr BVN, Ass. HM SMD. They thought me what it means to be clean, both physically and mentally. Though SMD had tried to instill some sort of love for English as a language, I could not get it then. Later on it is my 8th Class teacher SCM who made me have more penchants for Kannada language. And not to forget another Kannada teacher Mr BGR.


Apart from them the lives of Paramahamsa , teresa had also influenced me. The film works of Rajkumar, Puttanna kanagal; the literary works of SLBhairappa, Kuvempu, triveni was also an inspiration.

One important person who was my inspiration n influence is/was pradeep. He became my friend during the holidays after CET. He has been a friend since then. Most of the things were discussed with him. He would really give a impartial and practical suggestions. There were other friends too , be it shashi, or sandeep or even the long last santosh ( he was my first ever friend’s name I remember from Meera vidyaniketan), they all have a +ve influence on me.

These people were my people. I knew them before. They grew with me. They taught me, they loved. But there are people who neither had no relation to me, nor were I related to them in any way as they did not accept me. But they had, I can say to some extent, a larger push during the initial years of my life after college. Kalpu, for him I had really worked hard to learn English and Hindi, to be more comfortable in those languages. I was also impressed n influenced by the way they see the life, as a balanced entity. Other was guru, he was the one who made me realize to challenge my weakness and work on it to grow. Though there is no more relation, neither in contact with them. I feel that this respect and credit needs to be given to them.


In my professional life, Prakash VBNS was my first PL, PM and RM who influenced me in a bigger way. Before coming to his team, I had almost 1.5yrs of experience in my technology. I was bruised; my self esteem was low when I joined his team. He was in US then. He is the one, I can say who pulled me off from my low-self esteem and put me on the right path. Our offshore PL was one of the worst professionally, and there was no support from him. It was Prakash VBNS who made us realize that it is the job which you need to give respect to and work. Yes to certain extent Mallik was also a part from this. Some of my colleagues, be it Prakash Voora, Anil , Bobby, Kiran Maddipatla, were also a part who improved me through my career.

And Mr Raju, who influenced me of not to be a CEO who lies and deceives his own employees, not be a leader like Beerakeyala who can crush his team members to be on his way, not to be as useless as Medicharla, not to be self obsessed like few collegues whom I don’t want to mention. I learnt the most important lesson, that if you want to be a good leader and good person, be professional, truthful , transparent and give respect to all irrespective of whether he is lower to you in designation or higher up.

Yeah, I have just mentioned only few people here. There were many unsung heros of my life whom I might have forgotten, but yes I thank them for all what they have done to me. Many more to come as I guess I have 71 more years to live.

Amen .. shubamastu

1 comment: